Veteran Hiring: Deloitte’s Career Opportunity Call for Applicants
It’s often difficult for veterans to find quality transition programs that can lead to well-compensated, professional careers. But this week, there’s an opportunity for veterans to change things for themselves. Deloitte will be accepting applicants for its Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration (CORE) program until February 28th. The program is designed to help veterans transition into the workplace. Program participants will learn to translate experiences, skills, and leadership qualities into a business context, identifying their unique edge and applying resources and tools to select and achieve a meaningful career path in which they can be successful. Participants learn from corporate leaders and other veterans how to translate their military experiences, skills, and leadership qualities into a business context. They also ascertain how to identify their unique edge and make a career choice based on their personal passions. Specifically, the CORE Leadership Program helps veterans:
- Define their personal brand, identify their strengths and be able tell their own story
- Learn innovative networking strategies and communication techniques, which include best practices in using social media, through personalized and repetitive employment simulations
Who: Veterans and armed forces members who meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Have separated from the armed forces in the past 9 months or are active duty members who will be separating in the next 3-6 months
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree
- Have 4-8 years of military service
- Are interested in transitioning to the corporate world
What: Deloitte’s Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration (CORE) Leadership Program helps armed forces members transition to the corporate world.
When: Application due date: Feb. 28, 2014
Event date: April 10-12, 2014
Where: Deloitte University, Westlake, TX
Travel and accommodations will be provided to selected individuals
Armed forces members and veterans interested in the program can find more details and an application on Deloitte’s CORE Leadership Program website.