Hilton Helping Veterans with Jobs, Free Hotel Stays
“It takes money to make money,” is a scary truism for those seeking employment. When veterans are unemployed, it’s the worst time to realize that attending job fairs, skills enhancing conferences and job interviews out of town costs money in the form of hotel stays. Veterans are finding themselves spending money they don’t have or unable to participate at all in what could turn around their lives. That is why Hilton Worldwide’s new initiatives to help veterans are unique and insightful as to what it takes to get a job these days.
The global hospitality chain has launched Operation Opportunity, a several-pronged initiative to help veterans gain employment. This includes:
- A commitment to hire 10,000 veterans at the company in the next five years to join more than 3,900 hotels around the world and corporate offices;
- A dedicated military career website, www.hiltonworldwide.com/militarycareers, which can match military skills with complementary open positions at Hilton Worldwide;
- A Team Member Resource Group for veterans at Hilton Worldwide, which will launch later this year to promote professional growth and provide perspective to the company from their unique vantage point;
- It will also donate millions of Hilton HHonors points that veterans can redeem for free hotel stays while seeking jobs, both within and outside the company. The Hilton HHonors hotel stays will be for use in the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii for veterans to pursue job opportunities in any industry.
It’s Hilton Worldwide’s position that veterans possess a well-developed understanding of cultural differences. Diversity is extremely valuable at Hilton Worldwide, as is the veteran’s ability to serve as a leader. In its application process, veterans begin with typing in their MOS code. The company has pre-matched openings to the skills set that veterans have demonstrably earned.
Even veterans who aren’t seeking employment benefit from Hilton Worldwide: an exclusive military rate, which will be available starting September 2013 for leisure hotel stays, will offer a discount between 10-15%, and will be valid at hundreds of participating hotels across the country for active and retired U.S. military who book with a special rate code and present a valid military I.D. at check-in.
Hilton Worldwide is an Established Partner of:
- Joining Forces Campaign
- Military Spouse Employer Partnerships
For questions or for assistance with applying through our military careers site, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.