G.I. Money seeks Editorial Interns
Hello, loyal readers! G.I. Money Magazine seeks editorial interns interested in receiving college credit and/or professional writing experience to contribute to the online and print editions of our magazine. Please review the available positions below, and send an email to: support (at) gimoney (dot) com with two to three samples of your work and a paragraph describing your interest in supporting our military families and G.I. Money. Also, please indicate whether you intend to receive college credit for your internship, as well as your city of residence and the position that interests you. Please do not say, “I am interested in all positions.” Be specific.
- Writers are responsible for creating content, including but not limited to news clips, product reviews, interviews, and event reviews. This is a role for someone interested in a future career in: Journalism, Copywriting & Marketing. Please have a firm grasp on grammar and some project-based experience, as well as some familiarity with WordPress, SEO and Link-building techniques.
- Copyeditors are responsible for reviewing for any and all grammatical errors, as well as assisting with G.I. Money’s social media presence. This is a role for someone interested in a future career as: Editor, Social Media Mgr. and Proofreader. Please have a firm grasp on grammar and some project-based experience, as well as some familiarity with WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, and Hootsuite.
- Photographers & Videographers are responsible for creating visual content for: interviews, conferences, and other event coverage. This is a role for someone interested in a future career in: Video Marketing, Television, Film, or Broadcasting. Please have your own equipment, as well as some familiarity with photo and video editing software such as: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Photoshop and Lightroom.
Sample internship work to include:
- 200-300 word posts referencing relevant news that is of interest to our military readers (sample)
- Photography of student veterans in and around campus
- Stylistic photos and/or illustrations of concepts such as: saving money, spending wisely, entrepreneurship, job hunting
- Creation of new website channels such as: technology, video games, entrepreneur spotlight, entertainment and student veteran interviews
- Copywriting for: website pages, marketing collateral (ads, postcards, media kit) and other promotional material
- Many more projects to come