5 Easy Ways Save Successfully: Get Involved in Military Saves
Military Saves Week February 25 – March 2, 2013 is chance for individuals to assess their own saving status and take financial action. Everyone can take the Military Saves pledge; you can even re-pledge starting this year. Studies reveal that having a savings plan with specific goals can have beneficial financial effects, regardless of income level.
Here are 5 easy ways to get involved in Military Saves Week:
- Pledge or re-pledge today! Those with a savings plan are twice as likely to save for emergencies and retirement than those without a plan. Join over 310,000 people who have already committed to save.
- People save more successfully when then have a goal in mind. That’s why we’ve created posters so you can put your savings goal into perspective and share it.
- Find out if you are saving in all the right places with this 12 step savings assessment.
- Take this savings quiz to reveal how much you understand about the realities of savings in America.
- Share Savings Tips and Advice with Family and Friends
- On Twitter and Facebook? Share these social media posts with your friends and followers to encourage them to save.
Military Saves Week is coordinated by Military Saves and is part of the Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign. Started in 2007, the Week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status.